For organizations that provide relief to families in emergency situations, downtime is never an option. In this week’s Thrive Gwinnett Episode, we hear from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s, Annie Valenty as she shares how her team continues to help Metro Atlanta families prepare and overcome the challenges of the recent pandemic.
As CHOA’s Community Development and External Affairs Officer, Annie continuously surveys the Metro Atlanta area, seeking out new ways to provide help in times of need. Now, as the holiday season comes to a close, Annie is helping her organization persevere, overcome fatigue, and continue to be a resource for the community.
Throughout this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s impact on children and families
- How to ensure your team remains a community resource
- Analyzing trends to prepare for crisis situations
- Why it’s important to look to the community in times of need
- CHOA’s Strong4Life program
- How parents should address children about the pandemic
- Persevering for your cause and pushing past fatigue
- How to take on larger situations one challenge at a time
- What it means to take care of your neighbor