With almost 1 million residents, there are always improvements to the well-being and health of residents in diverse communities such as Gwinnett County. In this episode of Thrive Y’all, Rocket IT shines the spotlight on Executive Director, Renee Byrd-Lewis, to hear how the Gwinnett Coalition is transforming its services to reach all members of the community.
By adopting a collective impact model, the Gwinnett Coalition helps address complex problems and challenges that requires collaboration from numerous non-profit and community organizations.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- What the Gwinnett Coalition is and how it is transforming to serve a more blended population
- How shifting to a collective impact model can help address complex problems and challenges in a diverse community such as Gwinnett County
- How the Gwinnett Cares Helpline connects citizens in need with over 1,200 agencies
- How the Veterans Resource Center focuses on helping veterans and their families access resources
- More information on the Gwinnett Great Days of Service
- The development of Gwinnett Cares and how it connects resources to citizens in need
- An upcoming initiative with the CDC Foundation to help support adoption of the Covid-19 & Flu vaccinations
- How Resilient Gwinnett will help make Gwinnett County a trauma-informed community
- Upcoming plans to launch new, inclusive branding for the Gwinnett Coalition