When it comes to developing new government initiatives, have you ever wondered what the creative process looks like? In this episode of Thrive Y’all, Rocket IT shines the spotlight on the Gwinnett County Government’s Community Programs Manager, Jessica Stewart, to learn how she’s working to ensure all community members have a voice in county government.
Leadership and networking programs offered by Gwinnett County Government help produce empowered and engaged residents who go on to make impacts in their community.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- The launch of Gwinnett’s Office of Community Outreach and the impact it’s made in just five years
- The efforts to reach all people in the community, especially those that are traditionally marginalized in county government
- Signature Programs, such as Gwinnett 101 Citizens Academy and Gwinnett County Youth Commission, and the effort to keep those going
- How the Office of Community Outreach led as an example during Covid-19 for other departments in Gwinnett County
- Upcoming expansions to double the team