In a community as tight-knit as Gwinnett County, institutions such as Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) help provide local businesses with an eager workforce. In this episode of Thrive Y’all, Rocket IT shines the spotlight on the Career Development and Advising Center’s Director, Roslyn Brown, and Assistant Director, Sherrie Goodman, to hear how the office created innovative and virtualized services.
Throughout the conversation, Roslyn and Sherrie explain the scope of Career Center services available to GGC students and share how employers are recruiting students through resources, such as Handshake.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- Services provided by Georgia Gwinnett College’s Career Development and Advising Center
- Resources, such as the Career Assessment, to help students discover how they fit into a work environment
- The GGC Career Center’s focus on coaching, counseling, and securing employment opportunities for students
- Aligning institutional and divisional goals
- The power of Handshake and LinkedIn in job seeking
- GGC student workshops and career fairs
- Why the Georgia Gwinnett College’s Career Development and Advising Center continues to offer virtual services
- GGC Career Center‘s projections for the upcoming fall semester
- The state of the current job market and how students can navigate it
- The effects of employers recruiting and onboarding virtually