Creating a business that is unlike its competition is difficult, but how about differentiating an entire city? In this episode of Thrive Gwinnett, Rocket IT shines the spotlight on the City of Suwanee’s Assistant City Manager, Denise Brinson, to see how public art is playing a vital role in Suwanee’s culture.
For more than 20 years, Denise has used art as a tool for promoting economic development and enhancing the culture of Suwanee. In turn, the individuals that call Suwanee home have been provided with a vibrant community unlike any other.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- The Suwanee Arts Center, its classes, and its involvement in the community
- How local businesses are incorporating art into development
- Suwanee’s public art commission
- Why Suwanee became a niche for public art
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Need applied to a city development
- Suwanee’s Art Driving Tour
- How to differentiate your business using art
- How to fundraise for public art
- Suwanee Art Center’s Superhero 5k