Did you know your local library offers more than just a cozy spot to curl up with a good book? In this episode of Thrive Y’all, Rocket IT shines the spotlight on the Gwinnett County Public Library’s Jason DiFranco to hear how the organization is finding new ways to offer free services to Gwinnett residents.
From food distribution, citizenship classes, technology donations for children, and everything in between, the Gwinnett County Public Library is a vital resource to help all members of the community thrive.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- Free services offered by the Gwinnett County Public Library
- Upcoming plans for the library’s expansion in Duluth, Norcross, Snellville, and Lawrenceville
- The partnership with Gwinnett County Public Schools to provide online tutoring for students
- The decision to expand Internet services
- How the Gwinnett County Public Library helped distribute over 300 pounds of food to residents in need
- Upcoming plans to bring education to the community with a mobile kitchen
- How the Gwinnett County Public library connected with the community during the pandemic
- The organization’s partnership with New Life Technology Group to provide over 400 students with refurbished computers and tablets
- Upcoming Gwinnett County Public Library events, including their Read The Green Golf Classic on August 16 and their annual Gala on October 23
- How residents can get involved through donating, volunteering, or sponsoring
- How the funds raised goes towards programs, additional resources, and technologies for the community
- The New Start Entrepreneurship Incubator to help previously incarcerated people create their own businesses