Having consistent access to fresh, healthy food is a privilege many of us take for granted. In this episode of Thrive Gwinnett, Rocket IT shines the spotlight on North Gwinnett Co-Op‘s Executive Director, Kim Phillips, to hear how they help sustain their community.
The North Gwinnett Co-Op provides food assistance, medication assistance for seniors or home bound clients, utility assistance, tutoring, and so much more to help the community not just survive, but thrive.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- Services & programs offered by the North Gwinnett Co-Op
- How 900 bookbags were distributed to children during the annual Bookbag Bash event
- The success of the Holiday Meal Boxes & holiday sponsorship
- How the organization repurposed their office space
- Keeping the focus on providing food & re-imagining that process
- Change in volunteer demographic
- How the organization played a direct role in helping sustain members of the community
- The creative solutions for serving roughly 200 seniors in need
- The areas served by the North Gwinnett Co-Op & how to get involved
- Expanding to include a Mobile Food Pantry
- The SomeBuddy Program to connect seniors with others