While it may be a daunting task to create a community of health, hope, and recovery, Aspire Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Services is leading the charge as it offers assistance to nearly 10,000 Georgia-based residents on an annual basis. In this episode of Thrive Y’all, Rocket IT shines the spotlight on Aspire’s CEO, Dana Glass to hear how she and her team are working to demolish barriers and cultivate accessible healthcare solutions.
By utilizing social media, Aspire is able to reduce the stigma surrounding addictive diseases and mental illnesses while educating the population.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about:
- Why Aspire Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Services is considered a safety net provider
- The services Aspire provides to members of the community
- How Aspire stays within state regulations for care
- How Aspire supports roughly 8,000 to 10,000 individuals annually and the needs of up to 24 counties
- The barrier slow broadband internet has on the accessibility telehealth in rural areas
- How social media is used as a tool to reduce the stigma of mental and behavioral health
- Upcoming events hosted by Aspire
- The move to supplement primary health services with behavioral health and developmental disability services
Opioid Overdose Awareness Event on August 28, 2021
Recovery in the Streets on September 18th, 2021